Saturday, July 10, 2010

Please Forgive Me I Would Still Like to be Your Friend

I understand you have wants

But we can’t always have what we desire

What I wanted was for you to tell me I was wrong

That you didn't deceive me with the most hurtful lies

That the irrefutable proof of your deception was untrue.

What I got was heart wrenching silence that tore into my soul

Leaving me furious, embittered and confused

How could I have not known what you harbored?

The one thing I find most offensive and unforgiveable

Were there signs that I chose to ignore?

Was l blinded by the illusion of love?

You say I was what you needed at the time?

That even now you will always love me

Use me as a measure of standard for others in your life

Is that a compliment to soothe my soul?

Can you not see how insulting that is to my spirit?

You once called me a woman of worth

Worthy of what?...your deceit, misuse and neglect

Please forgive you? You would like to still be my friend.

Do you even know what that word means?

Or do you throw it around as easily as you do the word “love”?

I want you to know that with little consideration at all

I leave you with this and answer your plea

You will have to learn to befriend your wife.

 
© C. Stinson June 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment