Friday, June 25, 2010

Lonely Thoughts

Lonely Thoughts


Sometimes I get so lonely and I think of going back

Forgetting with you that life was dark and black

Reminiscing on the good times makes me smile

The crack in my heart opens the door for denial

I want to believe that you have changed for the better

I pull out my memoir box to read your love letters

The crack becomes a hole and in floods the memories

Causing the love I once had for you to shine once more

Leaving me confused and my heart to soar

Can I forget? Take that step back and let you back in

Can I believe the words on the pages and begin again?

Then I remember for every good , there were countless bad

For every smile there were many tears to be had

The pain comes back like acid and fills the hole

Erodes the memories and gives me back control

Life with you was full of misery and lacking of light

I can’t take the chance that all that waits for me is the night

I can't ignore all the heartache, the lies and pain

The crack is there and will always remain

But loneliness will not be allowed to overcome

My will is strong and will not come undone

My resolve is set and will not give into the strife

I will not waste my breath of life.


© C. Stinson May 30, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment